The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) has released a provocative trend report. The report is intended as a conversation-starter into 2014 — so it’s not a static report but a spark for a living process over the next year or so.
- New Technologies will both expand and limit who has access to information.
- Online Education will democratise and disrupt global learning.
- The boundaries of privacy and data protection will be redefined..
- Hyper-connected societies will listen to and empower new voices and groups.
- The global information environment will be transformed by new technologies.
If you work in a library or for libraries, this is something I think you will want to explore — and even get involved in. If you do, please share your experiences!