First consideration will be given to applications received by September 30, 2016. Please scroll to bottom of page for application instructions.
Brochure about the position, CALS and Little Rock:
Digital Innovation and Technology Manager – Central Arkansas Library System (CALS)
Salary starting from $75,000 with excellent benefits. Employee Benefits 2016
Reports To: Carol Coffey, Assistant Director for Library Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the immediate supervision of the Assistant Director for Library Resources, the Digital Innovation and Technology Manager is responsible for leading the library’s overall technology efforts, including management of the Information Technology Department and Web Development staff.
The Digital Innovation and Technology Manager is key to advising, influencing, planning, managing, and implementing the library’s technology efforts and ensuring successful outcomes that are aligned with the library’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives. The successful candidate will possess strong project management and communication skills.
The role of the Digital Innovation and Technology Manager is to provide the technology vision, leadership, infrastructure, tools, and services to support the library’s customer service principles.
This position is considered part of the administrative structure of the library system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Provide strategic direction for developing the library’s digital and technology initiatives
- Ensure that virtual services are effectively and appropriately integrated with onsite services
- Direct the work of the library’s technology staff and oversee all information technology for the library system
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, and manage the library’s technology budgets; track and monitor expenditures to assure financial accountability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: A bachelor’s degree, or current and substantial work toward one, and prior supervisory experience in a technology capacity is required for this position. While a Master’s degree in Library Science is not required for this position, a well-qualified applicant will have one or more of the following:
- Coursework or certification in IT
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree (M.A. or MLS ) in Library Science
HOW TO APPLY
First consideration will be given to applications received by September 30, 2016. The position will remain open until filled.
If you are interested in this position, please submit (via email) a resume, cover letter, contact information for a minimum of three references, and salary requirements to:
librarylandtech -<at>- gmail.com
Please use the subject line: CALS Tech Leader Application.
If you have any difficulties with email, or if you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application via an email response within 24 hours of submitting, please contact Carson via this form.