A Library IT Manager position is open at the Anchorage Public Library in Anchorage Alaska. Apply for the position here.
Articulates current library user and staff needs and provide a strategic vision for library’s technological future development and technology deployment, driven by excellent customer service; Serves as ILS coordinator for library within consortium partnership; coordinates technology needs for staff and public computers with Municipal IT. Defines technological improvements with realistic expectations; coordinates goals and objectives of three year Technology Plan; brings transformational change to the library’s approach to technology. Aligns technology training with the library’s overall objectives and efforts for staff and user training.
- Assesses effectiveness of current systems, reviews new systems that aid staff and public and recommends changes as needed. Develops and maintains Technology Plan yearly to recommend and deploy changes
- Manages projects and works with staff to implement effective use of technology throughout library. Maintains library’s hardware and software inventory. Prepares and provides staff training documentation in use of applications and hardware when needed.
- Works with Library staff and Consortium staff to support the Sirsi ILS including cataloging, circulation, serials, acquisition and other modules and policies. Coordinates with Consortium staff in troubleshoooting and resolving problems, with the ILS and OPAC. Work with vendors, libray staff and Consortium support to select, install, and support applications that interact with the ILS and OPAC. Compile and interpret statistics and prepare reports. Work with library staff and Consortium support to maintain the security and integrity of ILS users, billing, and other data. Along with other library staff, represent library in appropriate consortium workgroups.
- Oversees the maintenance, development and evaluation of a library website that meets user needs and represents the library’s core values of accessible, dynamic, welcoming and community. Oversees remote access to library databases, digital content and online resources. Monitors usage and trends and makes recommendations for improving the relevence of library resources and the customer experience. Maintains excellent working relationships with staff, vendors, Municipal IT staff and the public.
- Provides organzational leadership and is a membert of the Management Team
- Performs reference duties or assists with outreach efforts
Salary Range: $63,725-$81,445 with experience