This time I’m hiring for my own office! :0)
Would you like to help libraries across the country build their capacity to serve people everywhere? Then I want to talk to you!
I’m seeking an upbeat & friendly get-it-done professional assistant with a good eye for detail and the highest levels of personal accountability, responsibility and ethics to help me in the following areas:
- Scheduling and meeting coordination (including scheduling others)
- Creating meeting agendas and minutes
- Preparing documents for my site visits
- Transcriptions of meetings (mostly highlights instead of word-for-word)
- Coordination communications with clients (mostly email and phone calls)
- General (mostly simple) research and compilation of research
- Creating original documents, including text and simple diagrams (.e. flow charts)
- Editing and review of documents for typos, grammar, formatting, etc.
- Creation of simple surveys.
- Develop better/easier/simpler methods to perform common tasks
- Keeping me on track (including reviewing the agenda for day/week/month; facilitating schedule adjustments; assistance in preparing for meetings; etc.)
Experience with libraries is helpful. A deep appreciation and a passion for the work of libraries across the country is essential. Librarians tend to perform the highest levels of customer service for the communities they serve and we must offer the same high level in our service to each library.
Work and Compensation
A typical work week is currently about 20 hours (including opportunities for work in-office and remotely), depending on the current client roster and schedule for deliverables. Hours are mostly flexible, and we can work together to schedule your in-office and remote hours around other needs in your life. Additional hours are always possible!
Compensation commensurate with the skills you bring.
Desired Skills and Equipment
This position relies heavily on modern digital communications tools, including Microsoft Office; Google Docs & Calendar; Dropbox; #Slack; GoToMeeting; Skype; and more as new tools emerge.
Additional desired skills include simple work with graphics programs to create basic diagrams and simple dot “overlays” on .pdf documents
If you are available to work in-office, I have computing, printing & scanning resources available for your use. For remote work, I will provide you with access to all accounts you need to perform your work (i.e. email account, Dropbox, etc) and you will provide your own computing device (i.e. laptop computer).
To apply, please send an email to librarylandtech <<at>>gmail<<dot>>com with the subject line “Professional Assistant Application” You can also make initial contact with me using the contact form on this website.
- A cover letter describing yourself, your professional aspirations and your specific interest in assisting with the work of Carson Block Consulting Inc.
- Samples of your work (web links are fine)
This position is open until filled.
**Update 2/22/2017 (this note was included on job announcement postings on social media starting on 2/1/2017): Local to Northern Colorado preferred but remote for the right person is possible.**